Beyoncé did not come to play at the VMAs. She came to slay, as Beyoncé is wont to do. And in case you missed it, here’s a quick look at her most bomb moments of the night.
1) She posted up on the white carpet in a pale blue, glittery dress with what looked like angel wings around her neck. Blue Ivy was right at her side, wearing an equally as fabulous pale pink, princess dress. Showstoppers for sure, and the the main even hadn’t even started yet.
Embed from Getty Images
2) Her white carpet crew also included the mothers of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant, and Eric Garner, whom the singer invited to join her at the show. Making more than just fashion statements, Bey continues to show support for the Movement.Embed from Getty Images
3) Being the musical powerhouse that she is, Queen Bey was like, “One song? Bump that. I’m doing half my album.” (Not an actual quote, but we imagine that’s pretty much how it went down.)
MTV: Beyoncé which song are you performing?
MTV: That’s an album though….
Beyoncé : pic.twitter.com/rZ4JhrFOKk
— Quinterrel (@I_PULLTHRU) August 29, 2016
4) And then there were all those outfit changes. From her white carpet look to her mid-performance change-ups to the ensembles she rocked as she accepted her awards. #PureSlayageEmbed from Getty Images
5) That moment she literally dropped the mic. Like, actually threw it to the ground. A gold one. Right there on stage.
6) Plus, who can forget when we all realized just how many tributes she slipped into her 15-minute set: Prince’s symbol formation, her background dancer angels falling after what sounds like a gun shot, a Black man in a hoodie helping Bey to rise again. Re-live it all below:
I think I need a moment after watching @beyonce’s #VMA performance https://t.co/lYVFfrIenO
— MTV (@MTV) August 29, 2016