NOTE: We’re aware some people still have not received their spring issues. We checked with our printer, which also ships the bulk of our magazines, and they found out the delayed issues have been sitting in a Maryland post office since April 14. Our shipper is contacting them in an attempt to get things moving. Thank you for your patience!
*If your question isn’t answered here, write to us at email@example.com to send us yours!
1) What is Sesi magazine, anyway?
Sesi means “sister” in Sotho, a Bantu language mainly spoken in Southern Africa. We rep Black teen girls to the fullest — filling that void in mainstream magazine media, in which Black girls and their voices are virtually invisible.
2) Is Sesi an online magazine?
Nope. Sesi is a print magazine. You can get yours by clicking the subscribe tab above. Sesi is printed quarterly, which means we publish a spring issue, a summer issue, a fall issue, and a winter issue each year.
3) Can I buy Sesi in stores?
4) Can I give a gift subscription?
You sure can! Just click here!
5) Besides subscribing, how else can I support?
You can donate! An indie magazine with very little advertising, we have a small (but mighty) team, and we’ve got a lot planned for the future — more discussion on Black girls and mental health, our 7th-annual Natural Hair Love issue, and soooo much more. But there’s no way we can do any of it without the support of our community. You can set up a recurring or one-time donation here. ❤️
6) My issue never arrived. What do I do?
Your first issue will arrive within 6 to 8 weeks after your subscription has been ordered. Subsequent issues will arrive as follows: Spring issue (between the middle of March and the end of April), Summer issue (between the middle of June and the end of July), Fall issue (between the middle of September and the end of October), and Winter issue (between the middle of December and the end of January).
If it’s been 6 to 8 weeks since your initial subscription and/or your magazine has not arrived within the specified timelines above, we may have an incorrect address on file or we may not have received your payment. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify if your name and address are correct. Other reasons that may cause a missed issue:
- Did you recently move? We may not have your change of address on file. Update yours here.
- Your subscription may have expired or not yet begun.
- The postal service may be experiencing delivery delays due to weather or Covid-19.
- If none of the above applies, e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know which issue you missed. We’ll extend your subscription to compensate for that missed issue. (EX: If you missed the spring issue and your subscription ends the following winter, we’ll extend it through the following spring.)
Please notify us immediately of a missed issue. While we do not refund for issues that have already been shipped, we will extend your subscription to compensate for the missed issue. Please note: We will not be able to extend a subscription because of a missed issue if more than three months have passed since shipping of that missed issue, per the shipping schedule above.
7) How do I cancel my subscription?
If you’d ever like to discontinue your subscription to Sesi, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. Please include the first and last name of the subscriber along with the mailing address. You will be refunded for the issues left in your subscription (if any) that have not yet been shipped and your auto renewal will also be cancelled. (Please note: We do not refund for issues that have already been shipped.)