*If your question isn’t answered here, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to send us yours!
1) What is Sesi magazine, anyway?
Sesi (which means “sister” in the Sotho language of South Africa) is a quarterly print, teen magazine for Black girls. You heard right. No more waiting for those “mainstream” magazines to get with the program; we started our own thing. Sesi is THE mag to read all about your favorite celebs, your beauty, your issues, your culture, and oh, so much more! We cover the Black girl’s mainstream.
2) Is Sesi an online magazine?
Nope. Sesi is a print magazine. You can get yours by clicking the subscribe tab above. Sesi is printed quarterly, which means we publish a spring issue, a summer issue, a fall issue, and a winter issue each year.
3) Can I buy Sesi in stores?
YES!!! After (almost) six years of applying for distribution, Sesi was finally approved to be sold on newsstands starting June 15, 2018. You can now grab a copy on the shelves of select Barnes & Noble AND Books-A-Million stores. We are BEYOND excited!
4) Can I give a gift subscription?
You sure can! Just click here!
5) My issue never arrived. What do I do?
Your first issue will arrive within 6 to 8 weeks after your subscription has been ordered. Subsequent issues will arrive as follows: Spring issue (between the middle of March and the end of April), Summer issue (between the middle of June and the end of July), Fall issue (between the middle of September and the end of October), and Winter issue (between the middle of December and the end of January).
If it’s been 6 to 8 weeks since your initial subscription and/or your magazine has not arrived within the specified timelines above, we may have an incorrect address on file or we may not have received your payment. E-mail us at email@example.com to verify if your name and address are correct. Other reasons that may cause a missed issue:
- Did you recently move? We may not have your change of address on file. Update yours here.
- Your subscription may have expired or not yet begun.
- The postal service may be experiencing delivery delays due to severe weather.
- If none of the above applies, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which issue you missed. We’ll extend your subscription to compensate for that missed issue. (EX: If you missed the spring issue and your subscription ends the following winter, we’ll extend it through the following spring.)
Please notify us immediately of a missed issue. We will not be able to extend a subscription because of a missed issue if more than three months have passed since shipping of that missed issue, per the shipping schedule above.