Frequently Asked Questions:
*If your question isn’t answered here, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to send us yours!
1) What is Sesi magazine, anyway?
Sesi (which means “sister” in the Sotho language of South Africa) is a print, teen magazine for Black girls. You heard right. No more waiting for those “mainstream” magazines to get with the program; we started our own thing. Sesi is THE mag to read all about your favorite celebs, your beauty, your issues, your culture, and oh, so much more! We cover the Black girl’s mainstream.
2) Is Sesi an online magazine?
Nope. Sesi is a print magazine, but for now, it’s sold online. You can get yours by clicking the Subscribe tab on this site or on our Facebook page. Choose a one-year subscription, or order a single copy, and pay easily with Paypal — you don’t have to be a Paypal member to order. Your magazine will be printed and shipped to your doorstep.
3) Why can’t I buy Sesi in stores?
Believe it or not, magazines cost a TON of money to produce and get into stores (seriously, they do). Most of the time, advertising in the magazine pays for such costs. However, since Sesi is a newer magazine, it doesn’t have many ads (yet). We’re workin’ on it, so stay tuned!
4) Can I give a gift subscription?
You sure can! Just click here!
5) My issue never arrived. What do I do?
Your first issue will arrive within 6 to 8 weeks after your subscription has been ordered. Subsequent issues will arrive as follows: Spring issue (between the middle of March and the middle of April), Summer issue (between the middle of June and the middle of July), Fall issue (between the middle of September and the middle of October), and Winter issue (between the middle of December and the middle of January). (NOTE: If you place your order in between publication cycles, your first issue will arrive toward the end of the shipping cycle of the issue with which your subscription begins.)
If it’s been 6 to 8 weeks since your initial subscription and/or your magazine has not arrived within the specified timelines above, we may have an incorrect address on file or we may not have received your payment. E-mail us at email@example.com to verify if your name and address are correct. Other reasons that may cause a missed issue:
- Did you recently move? We may not have your change of address on file.
- Your subscription may have expired or not yet begun.
- The postal service may be experiencing delivery delays due to severe weather.
- If none of the above applies, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which issue you missed. We’ll extend your subscription to compensate for that missed issue. (EX: If you missed the spring issue and your subscription ends the following winter, we’ll extend it through the following spring.)
Please notify us immediately of a missed issue. We will not be able to extend a subscription because of a missed issue if more than three months has passed since shipping of that missed issue, per the shipping schedule above.
6) How do I cancel my subscription?
We hope you never go (obvi), but if you must, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Cancel My Subscription” in the subject line. In the e-mail message, please include the payee’s name and address, along with the name of the actual subscriber. A refund check will be issued to the payee for all the remaining copies that have not been mailed at the time of cancellation.