1. It’s prom, so of course I’m wearing a sleeveless dress, and tell me why this “invisible solid” is only “invisible” on the white part of my palm — not the brown part of my underarm. #youalie
2. WHY is not even ONE of the prom dress models on this shop’s website Black?! SMH. Guess I’ll have to actually go into a store just to even get an idea of what color I should wear…
3. I’ma need these makeup brands to know that there are way more shades of us than just “deep” and “dark.”
4. If rain’s in the forecast for prom night, I’m rockin’ braids or a cute, high puff. No way I’m paying all that money for a blowout that’s just gonna revert when the water hits it, anyway.
5. Nope, that wasn’t me you sold a prom ticket to last week. That was another Black girl who goes to this school. So, uh, can I buy mine now? #wedontalllookalike
6. I should practice some new dance moves in my mirror, so I can really throw down at prom.
7. Actually, maybe not. I know I’ll really only feel like doing a two-step and looking ka-yute in my dress all night.
8. This DJ better be on point, though.
What do you think about most when prepping for prom? Tell us in the comments below!