This past weekend (Feb. 6) our winter cover girl, Yara Shahidi, made major moves at the NAACP Image Awards. Not only did she win the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Congrats, girl!), but she set a whole new trend for teens on the red carpet.
If you’ve been scoping out the fashions from other red carpet events this season, you may have noticed a few ladies who chose to wear pantsuits or suit jackets with dresses, instead of the usual gown or cocktail dress. At this event, Yara was the star to get creative with it — and she totally killed it!
If you love her look as much as we do, here are some items you can search for to rock at your next event!
- A gray suit jacket with trim (Macy’s)
- A tuxedo blouse (H&M)
- Black Oxford Shoes (Aldo)
- A black tuxedo style dress (Rosewe)
- A red bow tie (Hot Topic)
- A black fit and glare dress (ASOS)
- Black & white color-blocked pumps (Charlotte Russe)
How much did you love this look? Would you rock something similar? Tell us in the comments below!