Reader of the Quarter Rules
Do you rock with Sesi heavy? Then, we’d like to feature you in a future issue! All you have to do is post up on Instagram with a copy of the mag — at your house, at the bookstore, at the library, wherever — and tag @sesimag in your post. Every quarter, we’ll randomly select an entrant to be interviewed by our EIC and featured in an upcoming issue! ‘Can’t wait to see your pics!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning June 1, 2019 at 12 a.m. ET through the foreseeable future (there is no set end date at this time), participants may submit photos of themselves with a copy of Sesi via Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram for a chance to be interviewed and featured in a future issue. In order to be entered in the pool of participants, the participant must tag @sesimag in a photo of them with their copy of the latest magazine issue of the quarter during which random selections will be drawn. Winner Selection: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. In the event that Sesi does not receive any eligible entries during the entry period, the Sponsor (Sesi) has the right to cancel the feature. Drawing will be conducted by Sesi whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: One winner will be randomly selected to be interviewed by our editor and featured in an upcoming issue. No monetary value. If a winner is under the age of 18, they must have a parent/legal guardian sign a permission form in order for them to be featured.
2. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified on a rolling basis during a given quarter via the platform used to submit and share the photo (Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook). Once notified, winner must provide their full name and email address, so that Sesi Magazine, LLC can send them any necessary permission forms, as well as set up an interview date and time. In the event that the Winner doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification within seven (7) days of notification, the feature opportunity will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the feature, or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit, and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner(s) from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to select another alternate(s), but if it is unable to do so, the feature will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this opportunity.
3. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry total per person per quarter. Multiple entries from the same person in the same quarter will be disqualified. If user creates multiple social media accounts to enter, that person’s entries will be deemed ineligible. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or inaccurate entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the social media account is assigned.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents, ages 13-23, of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its contractors, parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, independent judging organizations, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a feature is permitted. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept a feature in the magazine. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winner (and parent or legal guardian if Winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner hereby further agrees that they will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of his/her submitted entry, if applicable, to Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If images are being submitted to Sponsor as a requirement for entry, Entrants agree that they have all rights to use the images submitted and to allow Sponsor, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to reuse any of the images, without any liability, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, acceptance of the prize (a feature in a future issue of Sesi) by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor(s), its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the giveaway or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Stafford, VA, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Virginia state law governs the promotion and all aspects related thereto.
8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Sesi Magazine, LLC, P.O. Box 549, Garrisonville, VA 22463